Sunday, December 14, 2014

The based army so far

 Another base and another leader figure with a repaired weapon.
 Here is the based army so far, I have another four stands to base up before this lot can be called finished.

 Next up for the Orc army will be the heavily armoured uruks and Uruk-hai. These will form the better equipped and disciplined ranks in the army of Mordor.
This block of Orcs will be split into about three warbands. I plan to have around three lots of forty Orcs to form the main battle line. next to these will be one or two units of Uruk-hai and swarms of Wargs and wolves on the flanks, but thats a while away at the moment as I flit back and forth between this and my ever going ACW project.

My dream of playing Regimental Fire and Fury is stronger than ever now with their release of their second scenario book.

6 comments:

Grenzer John said...

Superbly motley! Nice looking orc horde!

tim said...

That mob looks freaking amazing!

Secundus said...

Thanks guys, Tim I used your basing technique as inspiration for this army! Your work rekindled my love for fantasy painting, so I owe you . I started to look at Hott after looking at your blog but as my army grows I might try to find a different rule set to cope with the numbers.

tim said...

If you classify the orcs as "Hordes" it looks like you'd have just about enough for an army.

Have you tried the HOTT Big Battle rules? We've had fun with those.

I haven't played HOTT myself in ages. This has got me thinking I should bust out the armies again and play some games!

Unknown said...

I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for upcycles like this. In the end, you don't know it was a shipping pallet to begin with!
friv2planet , juegosfrivol , friv400game

Monster Games said...

Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post.
CatNinja.ORG
Wormateio